How to Build with MinGW64 on Windows 7

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri Dec 9 01:20:48 CET 2011

Laurent Rineau <laurent.rineau__gmp at normalesup.org> writes:

  Le mardi 06 décembre 2011 22:01:53 Thomas D. Dean a écrit :
  > I have mingw64 on a windows 7 64 bit system.
  >
  > I have the source gmp-5.0.2.

  I have successfully built gmp-5.0.1 with mingw64 on Winows Vista, 64 bits,
  last year.

  My configure command line was:

    configure --disable-static --enable-shared ABI=64 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32

  As a matter of fact, I also send a patch to the GMP team, that fixes an issue
  with the name of the .def file created during the compilation of a GMP DLL,
  but that patch was ignored. See my mail "GMP-5.0.1 with Mingw32: incorrect
  .def filename" dated "Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:15:23 +0200" send to gmp-bugs.

I am sorry nobody followed up on your message.  It arrived during my
holiday, and therefore I missed it.

I looked at the patch briefly now.  I need to look more.  The amount of
change is very limited, if the changes to generated files are ignored,
bu I need some more time anyway.  I've added this to my GMP TODO list,
so it will not be forgotten again.

(If you're into Windoze-64, you might get some joy from a very recent
GMP snapshot.  GMP is now almost as fast on that system as under *nix.)