Ruby bindings for GMP

Sam Rawlins sam.rawlins at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 03:05:47 CET 2010

Hi All,

I wanted to let the dev team know that I have been actively maintaining the
Ruby bindings for GMP (and MPFR) for several months now. I feel that they
are very stable, and I currently have ~80 tests with ~1000 assertions are
passing. These tests pass using GMP 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 5.0.0, and 5.0.1, MPFR
2.4.2, Ruby 1.8.6, 1.8.7, and 1.9.1, and Linux, OS X, and Windows (all
32-bit). It is not complete yet, but I guesstimate that more than 80% of
standard "Integer," "Rational," "Floating-point," and "Random State"
functions are bound.

I was hoping we could add "gmp gem" to the list of Language Bindings (for
example, at
http://gmplib.org/manual/Language-Bindings.html#Language-Bindings).
The Rubygem is available at http://rubygems.org/gems/gmp
The code repository is available at http://github.com/srawlins/gmp/

Please let me know of any requests for this language binding.

On a side note, I am very interested in whether the Python or Perl bindings
are still maintained. I'm kind of aching for some interpreted-language
competition.

--
Sam Rawlins