gmp-4.2.4 on coldfire

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 11:15:17 CET 2009

Hi,

Building gmp-4.2.4 for an m68k that targets coldfire fails for me
since it's trying to use the incompatible m68k impls.

I'm attaching a workaround to use the C implementation for coldfire.
This particular patchlet does look at the CFLAGS that are passed in
to configure but grepping for a coldfire specific CPP define would
certainly be more robust. Please let me know if you prefer using
AC_EGREP_CPP or the like to look for __mcoldfire__ or if there is
a different preferred way.

Thanks,
---8<---

    use the C fallbacks for coldfire

      The configuration part is not really adequate since this doesn't
      catch a compiler which defaults to coldfire (like we do). Testing
      the CFLAGS is good enough for us ATM..

2009-01-14  Bernhard Reutner-Fischer  <>

	* configure.in (M68K_PATTERN): Distinguish between coldfire and m68k.
	* gmp-impl.h (FORCE_DOUBLE): Also define for coldfire.
	* configure: Regenerate.