GMP 4.3.0 released

Guillermo Ballester Valor gbv at oxixares.com
Wed Apr 15 21:24:53 CEST 2009

Hi Torbjorn,

On Wednesday 15 April 2009 17:59:57 Roberto Bagnara wrote:
> Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> > It is my great pleasure to announce the availability a new major release
> > of the GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library (GMP).  The new release
> > is identified as 4.3.0.
>
> Hi Torbjorn,
>
> congratulations and thank you for the new release.
>
> >   Speedups:
> >   * Vastly improved assembly code for x86-64 processors from AMD and
> > Intel.

I also have to thanks all the gmp team by this superb release !.

These are the timings for a single Lucas-Lehmer test for Mersenne number
primality.  First 1000 iterations for M2981887

AMD Athlon-64 x 2   (k8)

GMP 4.2.3 (from Opensuse 11.1 rpm)   : 51.74 seconds.
GMP 4.3.0 (local compiled)                    : 34.52 seconds.

Really is a big improve performance !.   Nice work!

Guillermo

--
Guillermo Ballester Valor
gbv at oxixares.com