mpz_t C++ wrapper

Roberto Bagnara bagnara at cs.unipr.it
Fri May 2 08:09:55 CEST 2008

Heiko Wundram wrote:
> It's currently just the actual biginteger.hh include file (which implements
> the mpz_class replacement as class BigInteger; but that should be pretty much
> transparently typedef-able to mpz_class, except for get_mpz_t(), which is no
> longer required and/or supported, [...]

There must be some misunderstanding.  First, I don't see how a user
would get access to all the GMP functions without get_mpz_t() (e.g., suppose
one needs to use mpz_popcount()).  Secondly, even if you provide other mechanisms
to interface _all_ mpz functions, I think you should still support get_mpz_t()
for backward compatibility.  Finally, take into account that the current C++
wrapper supports, in addition to mpz, mpq and mpf.
All the best,

     Roberto

--
Prof. Roberto Bagnara