GUI

Alexey Beshenov al at beshenov.ru
Wed Nov 28 17:14:14 CET 2007

On Wednesday 28 November 2007 03:51, Jose de Jesus Angel Angel wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am mathematics, but I want to do some application with GMP using a
> Graphics User Interface like C++Bulider, Dhelphi builder, Java,...
>
> Can someone advice me what programa is that I have to learn?
>
> of course good  for use GMP.

Since GMP is a C/C++ library, you should use something written in C/C++.

C++ Builder is unmaintained IDE with very bad support of modern standards
(I think that IDE maintenance was dropped before last ISO documents on C/C++
were published).

Trolltech Qt / wxWidgeds are good and free libraries. If you're interested in
building applications for Windows, you can try Visual Studio IDE (there are
ready solutions to build GMP) and MFC / WTL.

Java (AWT / Swing library) suggests really simple and powerfull way of
building applications with GUI, but calling C library from Java is not a very
simple thing. Writing nice and complete GMP (and MPFR) wrapper in Java is a
great task (I am working on it now). Basic arbitrary-precision things are
already represented in standard package java.math (actually some JRE
implementations are using GMP).

--
Alexey Beshenov <al at beshenov.ru>
http://beshenov.ru/