precompiled gmpxx on windows

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 25 08:40:09 CEST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "TheGuest" <guestguestguest at katamail.com>
.

> I'm interested in understanding the cause of the permission denied error I
> obtain when I compile;
> as I said this error is someting like this:
> ../libtool fork: permission denied.
>
> Is it can be due to anything related to NTFS partition?

Well ... NTFS is not a problem for me on Windows 2000. (I've also, in the
past, built on FAT partitions without issue.)

If you're using gcc-3.x.x and the latest version of msys then I don't think
it's an msys/mingw problem (as those versions of gcc/msys usually work
flawlessly as regards building GMP) - more likely a Windows or permissions
issue (as Michael suggested).

Which versions of msys (msysinfo) and gcc (gcc -v) are you using ? (For me
it's 1.0.10 and 3.4.5 respectively.)

What command is it that's being run that evokes the libtool error ?

If none of this helps, the folks at the mingw mailing list might still be
able to help out with an explanation/solution - even if it's *not* an
msys/mingw issue. So, as Michael also suggested, feel free to give them a
buzz ( https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mingw-users ).

Cheers,
Rob