yet another C++ wrapper for mpq

Johan Vervloet johan@gewestpallieter.be
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:07:17 +0100

Dear all,

At the University of Antwerp, we are working at the `Arithmos
project', which aims to bridge as much as possible the gap between
exact mathematical and computed results.  It consists of a C++
library on one hand, and a graphical interface which uses the
functionality of the library on the other hand.

For rational arithmetic, Arithmos uses a C++ wrapper around the gmp
mpq rationals.  Some time ago, we released this part under the LGPL,
and it's available for download.

http://win-www.uia.ac.be/u/cant/arithmos/downloads/libraries.php

Some of you might be interested in trying this library out.

I may be a little late with this announcement, since a C++ wrapper
for mpq already exists in gmp 4.x.  But a special thing about this
library, is that it is able to represent infinity, and it includes
some special values for e.g. square roots of non-squares or negative
numbers.

Maybe a link to this project can be added to the gmp page ?

Regards,

Johan

--
(mail) johan@gewestpallieter.be