Cofactor canonicalisation of mpn_gcdext

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Thu May 5 22:08:37 CEST 2011

Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at inria.fr> writes:

  I got it both on my laptop and desktop, identified as core2 and
  coreinhm, hydra also gets the same error, and even tom for a machine
  you have access to.

OK, there it indeed happens.

Now I could reproduce it also on shell, using GMP_CHECK_RANDOMIZE.

$ GMP_CHECK_RANDOMIZE=1498407732 tests/mpz/t-gcd
Re-seeding with GMP_CHECK_RANDOMIZE=1498407732
ERROR in test 142
mpz_gcdext returned invalid result
op1=0
op2=0
mpz_gcdext returns:
0
s=1
Abort trap: 6

  By the way, on shell, gcc -m32 simply fails for me with:
  /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libgcc.a when searching for -lgcc
  (I know there is a /usr/lib32, but it doesn't seem to look there by
  default)

On shell, no.  I wrap gcc so that -B/usr/lib32 is passed with -m32.