Updating configfsf.*

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Tue May 3 18:17:31 CEST 2011

On Tue, 3 May 2011, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:

> It seems that they indeed do not build GMP as documented.
>
> (1) If I understand their logs correctly, they overwrite our
>    config.guess with configfsf.guess.
>
> (2) They seem to override the options we pass on Darwin, probably
>    causing a 32-build to fail.
>
> Clearly, overwriting critical files and overriding options will cause
> failures.  We cannot do better than ignore such failures, of course.

The build script is there:
https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix/hydra-config/gnu/trunk/gmp/release.nix
(took me a while to find it, and I still don't know where CXXFLAGS comes
from)

Indeed they overwrite config.guess with configfsf.guess, which is wrong.
They are probably doing it so the resulting package is portable, but I
guess they should use --enable-fat instead (or maybe
--build=`./configfsf.guess` if they are tight?).

And they also seem to have CXXFLAGS that override the gmp ones (only on
Darwin).

However that doesn't seem to be the only cause of their trouble, at least
the libtoolize patch is needed there.

I'll try and get their build options in line.

--
Marc Glisse