GMP for OpenVMS

Jouk Jansen joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl
Wed Mar 12 13:28:21 CET 2008

Hi all,

I created a port of GMP for OpenVMS (tested on an Alpha). Since the
Vax-macro routines in the distro did not compile on my Alpha I used the
generic c-routines instead (in future they can be replaced by Alpha-macro
routines, if needed). The port passes all tests included in GMP and also all
the test I did with the MPFR-package pass (only one tiny harmless problem in
one of the mpfr tests, which has to do with the strtol function).

How I did it van be found at:
 http://nchrem.tnw.tudelft.nl/openvms/software1.html#GMP
The patch file contains anly two files which originate from the GMP distro
   longlong.h : change the __vax__ preforcessor macro into __VMS
   tests/misc/t-locale.c : redefine for VMS-only localeconv & nl_langinfo
          to avoid multiple define warnings at link time.
All the other files in the patch are OpenVMS compile support files (VMS-type
make files etc...)

Feel free to add OpenVMS support into the "official" GMP distribution.

                Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd